What are mindfulness-based approaches and how can I train myself to use them?
- What is mindfulness?
- What are mindfulness-based approaches?
- What are the benefits to traders and fund managers in using them?
- How do I train them?
Committed action and developing and strengthening discipline
- The trading performance cycle and the importance of trading process
- Strengthening commitment to action – leveraging actions, values and goals
- Developing discipline through poise: trading when facing challenging thoughts and emotions
Developing mindful awareness, attention and focus
- Developing present moment attention
- Observing thoughts, emotions, sensations and impulses in real time
- Developing the mental muscle of trading discipline and self-control
From aversion to acceptance, getting comfortable with the uncomfortable, dealing with losses, being wrong and regret
- Understanding aversions such as losing, being wrong, making a mistake, regret and missing out
- Developing strategies to approach challenging & uncomfortable thoughts, emotions & sensations
- Developing the ability to trade in the presence of difficult thoughts, emotions and sensations
Managing the trading mind
- Developing a mental framework for successful trading/investing
- Managing difficult and unhelpful thoughts and outdated mental scripts
- Strengthening confidence and dealing with losses and setbacks
Working with your trading emotions
- Developing practical strategies to manage fear, stress, anger and unhelpful trading emotions
- Learn how to recognise and reduce the impact of your emotions
- Learn how to harness your emotions, and use them as data to enhance your trading decisions
Trading mind, trading body
- Understanding the role of the body in risk taking and decision making
- Gut feel and interoception, and how to train your mind-body connectivity
- Practical strategies for managing stress and fatigue
Becoming a mindful trader/fund manager
- Developing strategies to integrate formal & informal practices into your trading & investing