Introduction to Cryptocurrencies
- What they are and how they trade
- Bitcoin and the other major cryptocurrencies
- What will be the next big thing?
- How are regulators, exchanges and central banks responding?
- Its strengths weaknesses and history
- Its connection with both libertarian ideals and out and out greed
- What are the problems with Bitcoin as a potential currency
- Facebook’s Libra: implications and is it a rival to Bitcoin?
- What is mining and what is its role?
- Hash values, nonces and the cost of electricity
- What does a mine look Like?
- Can you develop your own mining?
- What fundamentals impact cryptocurrencies
- Technical trading: patterns, trends and the impact of behavioural finance
- Fundamental data: how to value cryptocurrencies
- Artificial intelligence and cryptocurrencies
Cryptocurrency exchanges vs. Recognised Investment Exchanges (RIE)
Regulation issues institutional clients face
Multiple exchanges & price discrepancies: do arbitrage opportunities exist?
- Cryptocurrencies as an asset class
- Token crowdsales & initial currency offerings (ICOs): a bridge to a new asset class
- Does Bitcoin substantially increase Sharpe and Sortino ratios?
- Portfolio optimization techniques
- Case studies
- What is blockchain and how it works
- How it is being adopted by the financial markets
- Who is embracing it and its critics
- What are the social implications?
Profiting Now from the Future
- The impact of possible new regulations
- Security concerns: hacking and fraud and how to deal with it
- How to invest in crypto technology itself
- Trading platforms: their risks
- Finding unicorns in the forest